Monday, October 30, 2017

Your move...


Steph Curry
We often hear about big time athletes who profess faith.  

They regularly point to the sky after a touchdown, goal or three-pointer.

Tim Tebow
That's great and all.  But I think some sports get more attention than others.

There are other believers who rely on faith just as much, but maybe they don't get the highlight reel spotlight.

That's this fellow.
Wesley So - Chess Champion
Wesley So is the US champion Chess Player!  A grand master!
He became a Christian after moving in with a foster family who were mature believers and encouraged him to pursue his passion for the game.  He gets mocked a bit by other players because chess champions are normally not people of faith. 
But he's grown strong and loves to share Jesus! 

Here's an interesting quote from him...

"People in the chess world sometimes want to know whether I think God makes me win matches. Yes. And sometimes he makes me lose them too. He is the God of chess and, more importantly, the God of everything. Win or lose, I give him the glory. Of course, it’s hard when I don’t get what I want, the way it is for any child whose father says no. But even when I don’t understand God’s ways, I’m confident that his vision is much bigger than my own."

This is from a guy who is trained and makes a living thinking five or six moves ahead of his opponent. 

He sees God operating like a chess player!

There are reasons for every move. 

Sometimes it looks like you're losing because you've sacrificed your best piece.

This is a great perspective on life from a guy who has learned patience and faith in a way not most of us have! 

Read his story here...

No comments: