Monday, August 14, 2017

Interesting...

Spock, investigating the latest trendy fashion on Vulcan...

Mr. Spock used to say "Fascinating" a lot.

He was a non-human who would look at us humans and being amazed by us.

I, to, find certain things about us fascinating.

Like, why is it that some things grab the interest of one person, yet the next guy finds it boring?

If we are all members of the same big ole family, we should all be locked into the same things.

Star Trek is a good example. I like it, but my wife could take it or leave it.

She could live her life just fine never knowing what maximum warp is.

On the other hand, I do not care about chintz teacups. Not one little bit.

Should I?

I remember one kid I saw on TV who was obsessed with vacuum cleaners.

He could tell you the year, make and model of any particular floor sucker.

Crazy!

If you think about your particular obsession, you have to admit that someone introduced you to it.

At some point, there was that one friend who said "Hey, try this!".

I knew a guy years ago who would get obsessed with a new thing every year!

At first it was scuba diving, then it was astronomy, then it was building computers!

Pick one!  Find a campground and set up a tent already!

That's what's even stranger. How things of interest come and go.

I guess those are called fads.

Fads are like markers in history. You can find out how old someone is when you ask them about things like hula hoops, Tamagotchi or fidget spinners.

Sometimes people get stuck in fads and never get out.

Their interest is cemented in that one thing and till the day they die, they will cling to it.

Certain hairstyles come to mind!  (How about the mullet?)

I hope you have found this blog to be interesting!

Live long and prosper. (It's from Star Trek.)








No comments: