Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2014 Year In Review and a Look Ahead

What a ride!

This year began with me doing the weekend news shifts at KICX 91.7 in Sudbury, attending news conferences,covering city council meetings and going to watch Sudbury Wolves games.  I was also doing side work as a satellite system installer in the Sturgeon Falls area.



I was a pretty happy camper!

The ONLY thing that would attract me away from the status-quo would be a call from LIFE 100.3 in Barrie saying there was an opening on their staff for a new personality.  I had done a job interview there previosly and had visited a few times and I was so impressed with them!  The sound of the station was right in my groove!  The organization of the ministry, the Street Team, the staff dynamic...all top shelf!  And of course the station manager, Scott Jackson and his wife, Janice were pretty cool folks to!

The call finally came from PD, Steve Jones on St. Patrick's Day!  I was so thrilled!  I had been offered a position on the MORNING SHOW!  This was a big deal!  Wow!  How would all this work out?  I have a kid in college, I have a house!

Without going into all the details, everything lined up perfectly so we could pack up and make the big move!  We rented our house to a wonderful pastor and his family, some wonderful friends in Barrie rented us a house about 5 minutes from LIFE and my daughter got set up to continue college!



We moved to Barrie in April and I hit the airwaves at LIFE 100.3, April 27th!

The emotions of that day were very mixed.  I was so pumped to be part of the team and at the same time I didn't want to mess it up!  I tried a little TOO hard at first and thankfully, we are regularly air checked and I settled down with some direction from, Steve Jones. 

The chemistry between me and Tim Maassarany was great right off the hop.  We seemed to complement each other and it was a really pleasurable start to the morning show.





Once the renovations were done at LIFE, Tim and I moved into a brand new Morning Show office!  It's a lot of fun to work there!  We arranged our desks so we face each other and also face any visitors that wander by!



One of my favorite parts of the morning show is the talk back shows.  We set up a topic for discussion and then open up the phone lines for listeners to call in and give us their thoughts.  It's a really great way to connect with everyone and the calls are always fun!

I have interviewed a host of interesting people.  I have been on location at some outstanding events, spoken at some wonderful churches, been to the Dove Awards, done stand up comedy and generally just had a blast!

It's been a year of so much personal and spiritual growth!



I am excited for 2015!  Anything can happen!

How about you?



No comments: