Thursday, July 24, 2014

Here There Be Frogs!

     I was on a bike ride tonight on the country roads behind my house.  Down one of the roads there is a swamp.  On the road by the swamp there are multiple "stains" which look like bird droppings, but upon closer inspection, are revealed to be tiny squished frogs!  I have no idea why they would try and cross the road to leave their safe little swamp, but it reminded me of the bible story of the plague of frogs in Egypt.  Moses told the Pharaoh that he could remove the plague of frogs immediately, but the king, for some reason put it off till the next day!  What?  Why?  Was he busy?  Did he have important meetings booked? 

You know what? 

I think it was just a power trip thing. 

    He knew he was beat but still wanted to maintain the illusion that he was in control, even if it was just in a small way.  Sadly the people had to suffer another night with the gross frogs everywhere!
Seeing the squished frogs on the road today, taught me a little lesson.

No comments: