Monday, May 12, 2014

Opportunities and Late Nights

I am still sort of catching my breath from a pretty busy few days last week.

The whole thing started with a phone call on Thursday afternoon....

*click*  "Hey, wanna go to the Jays game tonight?  TD Comfort Zone seats!"

"Uhhh...OK!"

*click*

...that's what it seemed like anyway...

I went straight home for a nap after work and then, through a strange twist of circumstances, I found myself sitting behind home plate, enjoying a gourmet buffet and watching the Jays thump the Phillies.  (Yes, I did eat way too much food.)  I had a blast....but it was a late one!


I got home around midnight and hit the hay to be ready for the early Friday on the All New Breakfast Club! The nap the day before helped and all was good, but I knew an even busier Saturday was ahead!

Saturday morning it was off to Etobicoke for a LIFE Street Team Event.  We were playing the tunes and meeting people at Richfield Baptist Church during their annual community Garage Sale.  They really bring the community together for this and it was HUGE!  They raise money for missions work in Nicaragua through all the sales but it's also an outreach to the neighborhood. There was even a prayer room set up and members of the church were on hand to pray with anyone who needed it!


Thousands came through Richfield Baptist, hunting for treasure!

LIFE 100.3 cranking the tunes!

From there it was off to Brampton for the big concert with Steven Curtis Chapman at Bramalea Baptist!
The LIFE 100.3 Street Team set up in the lobby to greet people and offer LIFE gear and tickets to the big 15th Anniversary party with Peter Furler this August!
The LIFE 100.3 booth at Bramalea Baptist!

Steven Curtis Chapman hits the stage!

Rocking out with SCC!

Geoff Moore shared the stage as well.

The Street Team with Steven Curtis Chapman!
The concert did not disappoint!  There was laughter, tears and great memories!  Canadian boy, Dan Bremnes got things going for the evening and even hit the stage at the end to help close off a great night!

...got home around midnight...again!

Sunday was Mothers Day and I have to give a hats off to my daughter, Jasmine for nailing the day with a morning breakfast for Rose that was accompanied by a video picture montage she made the week before that was designed to be a tear jerker!  Then flowers showed up from Victoria, my oldest daughter!  (By the way I took her out for Mexican food after church!)



We ended the afternoon by cleaning the yard, then an evening of my wife's favorite movie, Anne of Green Gables!

Good times!



No comments: