Saturday, April 19, 2014

NERF Easter Weekend!


My kids are crazy.

Rose and I had them over for Good Friday dinner and it was special because we are moving to Barrie and it may be the last time that we are all together for a while.  They are all in their 20's now.  My youngest, Jasmine, just hit the double decade this year and I joked with her that I don't ever want to hear the word "Dooooon't" (Said in a whiny tone)!  She has yet to comply.

Dinner was great, Rose outdid herself.  After the feast we all played Pictionary, guys vs girls.  We had a good team since Vicki's boyfriend, Jay helped Alex and I dominate the All Play category! 

After the game was over and we had sufficiently gloated, I broke out the Nerf guns we got for Christmas last year.  I found them when we were packing our closets for the move.  We only had a limited number of darts so when someone got hit you had to hunt down the ammo in order to defend yourself.

We had previously watched some old videos of the young ones when they were all under 10 years old and I was feeling nostalgic about being the dad of small kids.  That's why it was great when the kids all grabbed those Nerf guns because it was like they were all little again!  It was chaos for a while and I was not about to say anything!  For that brief time I enjoyed having the shouts of my children fill the house again! It was worth the whole weekend!

I love you guys!

After all was said and done, Rose and I realized that we let the time go by without getting a picture of us all together!  Rats!  We found the photo above as we were going through some things earlier and I thought it captured the Gale kids quite well.

Can't wait until the next get together in, Barrie!  And in advance, we bought some extra ammo!

Happy Easter everyone! 

Hug the ones you love!

No comments: